***Available on FP10***
SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS is designed specifically for the patients with necrotic or sloughy wounds. This medical grade honey is a patented formula that can be diluted 25 times before losing its antibacterial effect. SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS contains honey, glycerine, propylene glycol, PEG 4000 and is low to no-sting on application. When the gel is in contact with the wound, fluid is extracted from surrounding tissues.
The osmotic action creates a moist wound-healing environment and together with honey stimulates the wound healing process, facilitates autolysis and promotes epithelial cell migration. The gel will dilute gradually and can be removed easily with a wound cleanser, if required. SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS is a primary wound dressing that can be covered by a secondary dressing.
|Product code||Description||Contents||Unit||Pip Code|
|MDP20||Melladerm® PLUS 20 gram||1 x 20g tube||36 tubes||338-6935|
|MDP50||Melladerm® PLUS 50 gram||1 x 50g tube||12 tubes||338-6943|
Indications for use
Superficial wounds, abrasions, infected wounds, burns, pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, sloughy wounds, necrotic wounds, malodorous wounds, surgical wounds, donor and recipient graft sites.
Do not use on individuals with a known sensitivity to honey or bee products.
Precautions and observations
- Product contains honey, PEG 4000, glycerin and polyethylene glycol.
- If necessary consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- Inspect and clean the wounds with a SanoSkin® cleanser.
- Bacterial colonisation of chronic wounds is always present and is not a contraindication for using SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS.
- Due to autolytic debridement the wound may appear deeper after the first dressing changes.
- SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS is for single patient use only.
- Do not use if package is damaged or opened.
Click Here to Download Product Leaflet PDF