SanoSkin® OXY is an ointment consisting of ozonated vegetable oil that facilitates wound debridement.
When the ointment comes in contact with wound fluid/water, the ozonides are released impeding bacterial growth and wound malodour. SanoSkin® OXY is a gentle gel that is able to create a moist wound healing environment. SanoSkin® OXY s a primary wound dressing that can be covered by most commonly used secondary dressings.
|Product code||Description||Contents||Unit||Pip Code|
|OX30||SanoSkin® OXY 30 gram||1 x 30g tube||24 tubes|
Indications for use
SanoSkin® OXY is used in the treatment of all superficial wounds. The gel creates a moist wound healing environment that helps the autolytic debridement of necrotic tissue. SanoSkin® OXY is also an excellent product to treat acne, eczema and foot fungus. Can also be used as a skin barrier to avoid maceration and as a hydrating agent for dry peri-wound skin.
Patients who are known to be sensitive to the ointment or one of its components.
Precautions and observations
- If necessary consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- Inspect and clean the wounds with a SanoSkin® Cleanser.
- Bacterial colonisation of chronic wounds is always present and is not a contraindication for using SanoSkin® OXY.
- Due to autolytic debridement the wound may appear deeper after the first dressing changes.
- Seek medical supervision if signs of infection occur.
- SanoSkin® Melladerm® PLUS is for single patient use only.
- Do not use if package is damaged or opened.
Click Here to Download Product Leaflet PDF